10.6.04

Storms brewing Ani, better get home quick.

Hmmm, Weather. Yesterday, after a brief round of "Campus Golf" and some Del Taco, I quickly found the weather changing from warm and sunny to dark and overcast. I work a late shift and when i got out from work at 8. It began to sprinkle and by the time I got home it was raining. I guess I hadn't realized it but it has been a while since it rained here in Utah. And I honestly miss it. You'd think someone from Oregon wouldn't ever miss rain again, but I really do. Not the drizzle-rain, but the booming downpours.

So after changing into something more comfortable I went back out and walked around in it and then sat on the steps in front of my apartment and just watched and listened. There is something very therapeutic about the rain for me. Everything is washed clean -- reborn. Even the air seems refreshed by a rain storm. And perhaps even just by watching it I'm refreshed as well.

And then today at lunch it hailed so hard for so long that it looked like a snow storm had hit. The lightning was bright and the thunder cackled. And I was glad to be dry and inside. But even with all the commotion and rumblings, the brunt of the storm was brief and there was a sort of calmness and peace out my window. It was pretty spectacular and serene.

...but why does there always need to be a tempest before the tranquil in life?

No comments: